ANNOUNCEMENT: OrientDB driver for Nim

philip.we...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2015, 4:01:29 PM2/3/15
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,

I'd like to announce that I am in the process of programming an OrientDB driver for the Nim language. The driver uses the OrientDB 2.0 Binary Protocol with Binary Serialization. My goal for the driver is not to support the entirety of OrientDB's functionality, but for the driver to work and be bug free for the functionality subset that is implemented. Specifically, I am implementing the functionality that is required for a web based SaaS product that I am writing, but I'll welcome contributions from others with open arms.

The development of the driver will be completed in two phases:

Phase 1 will be coding the driver functionality and testing it. This phase is in progress and I already have some of the core OrientDB functionality implemented.
Phase 2 will be making a C API for the driver. Since Nim has first-class C interfacing this should be relatively easy.

Once my work is done the OrientDB community will have a driver that works with Nim as well as C. I'm hoping that this will help the community grow, as OrientDB currently lacks stable drivers for low level languages.

Lastly, I've set up a placeholder repository on Github where I will upload code in the future: http://github.com/philip-wernersbach/nim-orient

Sincerely,
Philip Wernersbach
Unemployed Wantrepreneur

Luca Garulli

Feb 3, 2015, 6:49:13 PM2/3/15
to orient-database
Hi Philip,
Thanks for the announcement.

Don't hesitate to ask for help here during the driver development ;-)

Lvc@

--

---

philip.we...@gmail.com