Re: Sensor library

Scott Cytacki

Mar 24, 2010, 8:59:06 AM3/24/10
to Romain Paris, org-concord-sensor
Hi,

Can you give me a few details?

For my own interest, what type of project are you using it for?

What system are you running this on?  What version of windows?  Is it 64bit or 32bit java?
The labquest support has been working for us, but we've only been using 32bit java.

How are you using the jar file:  In a jnlp/webstart app?  In an applet?  In a standalone app?

If you just need to add the new native lib and resign the jar that should work.
If you are running your app in webstart or as applet, it you will need to delete the old signature file first.

I haven't found a built in command for doing this so I just open the jar and delete the signature files:
meta-inf/manifest.mf
meta-inf/concord.*

After this you can sign it with a new signature and it should be ok.

If this is a 64bit/32bit problem, then there will need to be a change to the labquest-jna library so it includes both files and uses the appropriate one based on the architecture.

Scott

2010/3/18 Romain Paris <paris.r...@gmail.com>
Dear Mr Cytacki,

I'm sorry to disturb you but I have a problem using your powerful
sensor library. I went to the Google Group page

I'm using a Vernier Labquest. When i try to join him using your
library, I automatically get a number device equal to 0. I saw you're
using a NGIO_lib.dll include in you org.concord.sensor.labquest.jna
package. The fact is (confirmed by using Vernier SDK with their
application) that there is 2 distinct NGIO_lib.dll (one is 392ko and
the other (whitch you use) is 376ko), and only the 392ko file is
capable to join the LabQuest (I tried these dll with their program,
with 376ko file I can not access my hardware, but with the 392ko file
i can).

I tried to replace your NGIO_lib.dll file by myself (generating the
new SHA1-Digest), but i saw you're using another SHA1-Digest (int
CONCORD.SF file). So I can't progress on my project (that I have to
realize during my placement), because of this file/sha1.

Is there a way to regenerate your labquest-jna-0.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar file
by myself (including my NGIO_lib.dll) ?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Romain Paris

PS: sorry for my english, I'm a french student.

Scott Cytacki

Jun 18, 2010, 2:07:06 PM6/18/10
to Romain Paris, org-concord-sensor
Hi Romain,