github repo for Go_IO_SDK and x86_64 build of libGoIO_DLL.dylib

Stephen Bannasch

Aug 20, 2010, 4:47:12 PM8/20/10
to org-conco...@googlegroups.com
I've created a github repo for the GoIO_SDK code and have made a branch: 'xcode_3_2_macosx_10_6' where I have xcode building a
three-way universal build of libGoIO_DLL.dylib:

http://github.com/concord-consortium/goio_sdk/tree/xcode_3_2_macosx_10_6

This is built on MacOS X 10.6.4. I needed to change the deployment target to 10.4.

Commit with changes in xcode project settings:
http://github.com/concord-consortium/goio_sdk/commit/c8a4184e8a726701fc965155c46052b320ad6978

Some quick hacks I had to do to get it to compile:
http://github.com/concord-consortium/goio_sdk/commit/9553314298a39818fbf7b932b8e0caf1aef16ef3

I also added a Ruby example showing communication with libGoIO_DLL.dylib using the Ruby gem ffi.
http://github.com/concord-consortium/goio_sdk/blob/xcode_3_2_macosx_10_6/src/goio_rubyffi.rb

Tested on Mac OS X 10.6.4 using:
Ruby 1.8.7 (pre-installed on MacOS X 10.6.4)
Ruby 1.9.2 installed with rvm
JRuby 1.5.1 installed with rvm

Scott Cytacki

Aug 20, 2010, 5:25:25 PM8/20/10
to org-conco...@googlegroups.com
You might have to do some more xcode trickery to compile it correctly for 10.4.

There is some weirdness where you can't compile against the 10.4 frameworks in 64bit mode.  So what I read was you need to add a conditional compiling option to use the 10.5 or 10.6 frameworks when the arch is 64bit.

Of course this all might have been improved, and simply setting the deployment target to 10.4 might do all the necessary stuff.

The real test is to pull out a 10.4 machine and see if it runs.

Scott