OSPIRG Blog - New cool tool to see how Oregon spends tax dollars.

Jon Bartholomew

Mar 9, 2010, 4:47:16 PM3/9/10
to oregon-transpa...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

I just posted a new blog post at the OSPIRG site about a new tool that was created by a journalist to use the state’s budget data from the new transparency website (that OSPIRG advocated for creating).

Check out http://bit.ly/cW815h to read the blog.

In short, I note that this is what we were hoping to see happen as a result of data coming from the new Oregon transparency website, and that the state should learn from it. But also, more needs to be done to expose the costs associated with tax expenditures.

..Jon

Jon Bartholomew

Policy Advocate

OSPIRG - www.ospirg.org