[OTT #85] Transparency of BETC isn't rocket science. or even renewable energy science.

1 view

Jon Bartholomew

May 19, 2010, 7:13:58 PM5/19/10
to Jon Bartholomew

Hi,

I thought you might be interested in my new blog post about the need for the BETC program (and all tax subsidy programs) to have simple but meaningful data provided online. ODOE’s recent press release that listed pre-certified BETC projects shows they have the basic information available that the public should be able to view on a website. But it should be provided in a usable format, at a standard location, and updated regularly. It should also provide a bit more information than was in the press release, but this is at least some basics to start with. Since the data isn’t available as a spreadsheet at ODOE’s site, we put it into one and posted it online in a google doc. It’s linked to in the blog post.

http://www.ospirg.org/home/blog/ospirg-blog/tax-subsidy-transparency-doesnt-have-to-be-difficult

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

..Jon

Jon Bartholomew

Policy Advocate

OSPIRG - www.ospirg.org