Following up on Oct. 14 OCHN organizing meeting on Zoom

bsch...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2021, 3:22:43 PM10/18/21
to orc...@googlegroups.com

Garlynn & Tim, thank you for the meeting and inviting us to participate. Several requests:

  1. Would it be possible to get a copy of the Zoom chat chain or advise how to retrieve it? There were some links and other details that we would like to pursue.
  2. Garlynn’s slide deck was a very helpful intro to housing co-ops and we would like to use it in shareholder education here at Park Vista. Where can we download it?
  3. Andrew’s slide deck on SquareOne Villages was amazing and we would like to share that as well. Where can we get copy? If we can help propagate that concept here in Portland, I would very much like to assist.

Many thanks, Bill, Park Vista Co-op

Bill Schechter

bsch...@gmail.com

home: 503-946-8504

mobile: 202-304-4831

2323 SW Park Place, #501

Portland, OR 97205-1038

mvogelpnw

Oct 29, 2021, 3:10:03 PM10/29/21
to Oregon Cooperative Housing Network
Garlynn, Tim,
I am also interested in getting a copy of the documents Bill mentions above.
Mary

Tim McCormick

Oct 29, 2021, 4:36:17 PM10/29/21
to mvogelpnw, Oregon Cooperative Housing Network
all these event materials are available in the open project document, which is what's currently at project URL https://orcoop.org.

Tim McCormick
Housing Alternatives Network
Director Oregon Cooperative Housing Network, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative

Mary Vogel

Oct 29, 2021, 9:20:12 PM10/29/21
to tmcco...@gmail.com, Oregon Cooperative Housing Network, Bill Schechter
Tim,
Can you give Bill and me editing permission for the meeting document. Bill and Claudia's presentation could definitely use editing. I hope they can include some $ numbers for likely taxes, utilities, share of cost of the management company--for a small unit, e.g.,

I know I tried to edit a part I was involved in and could only access Suggesting Mode. Editing Mode would give me more assurance that my work counts.
Thanks,
Mary

Tim McCormick

Oct 30, 2021, 3:42:17 PM10/30/21
to Oregon Cooperative Housing Network, Mary Vogel, Bill Schechter
Hi Mary, I added you and Bill as editors on the ORCoOp project doc (at https://orcoop.org).

Anyone else who would like to be, email me or doc owner (orcoop...@gmail.com). FYI this is also noted at top of document, in case you forget or anyone is interested anytime.

> I could only access Suggesting Mode

Though you now and other editors don't have to use Suggesting Mode, we generally recommend doing so for any substantive changes/additions. That's because, even though all changes are tracked in the document history and are reversible, using Suggesting Mode make changes much easier to track and notice, and helps people see how the doc is evolving, and perhaps what's under discussion. Even Garlynn and I do this, or try to remember to, for that reason, and I do that usually with all projects.

anyway, thanks for all contributions -- they, and honoring them, are important to me. Btw, with this event we kind of stumbled into the useful practice of offering live closed captions, and saving them: because we used DPZ's Zoom account which has this set up. I'm hoping to get this on all meetings and events, it's quite useful for many reasons, especially if the transcript can be edited later to fix the typical voice-transcription errors.
cheers, Tim.