Nov 17th organizing meeting - agenda, video, chat transcript

Tim McCormick

Nov 23, 2021, 2:59:53 PM11/23/21
to Oregon Cooperative Housing Network
[this is also in the project document at https://orcoop.org].

17 Nov 2021- Organizing Meeting

Recordings / files

Video

Audio only:

Chat transcript

Agenda

OPEN NOTES - anyone feel free to add/edit

put the project URL https://orcoop.org in updated invite and invite message, and note the agenda and open notes section will be there

note we plan to record meeting

note 5pm is hard stop, we'll be cut off then or 1-2mins before b/c other meeting starting at 5pm.

  1. Introductions and state personal goals for group

  2. Strategy discussion: goals for group

  3. Identify steps to stand up OCHN

  4. Agree on roles & responsibilities to achieve those steps

  5. OR Co-Op WeRedeemable initiative pilot: bags/pickups/kiosks

  6. Simple contributions / tasks tracking prototype

  7. Next steps

[Tim in chat earlier]:

I'd like to pitch/announce the ORCoOp WeRedeemable pilot and bags/pickups/kiosks idea.,

Also, present and invite thoughts on a simple contributions/tasks tracking prototype, i.e. probably spreadsheet

Present:

Bill Schechter
Susan Millhauser
Lisa J, PDX OR
Garlynn Woodsong
Andrew Heben
Tim McCormick

--
Tim McCormick
Housing Alternatives Network

Christina

Nov 23, 2021, 4:54:49 PM11/23/21
to tmcco...@gmail.com, Oregon Cooperative Housing Network
Thank you Tim! ^_^ The chat transcripts are so great and a godsend to at least quickly go through for the gist, I just opened it and plan to look through it at moments.

Is this cooperative housing movement for the Portland area only? Does Lake Oswego count as part of the Portland area? Maybe everyone already knows what the City of Lake Oswego is doing with Habitat for Humanity and Proud Grounds, I think they're called? The city's mayor's email newsletter is pasted below with the info, it was sent this morning, I enjoy his writing style, funnies : ) Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, best! ~ christina

Lake Oswego mayor email newsletter (mention of housing project with Habitat for Humanity and Proud Grounds or however they're called):