All staff publications between two dates

Helen Setchell

Aug 15, 2022, 6:09:19 AM8/15/22
to ORCID API Users
Hi

I'm trying to use the APIs to create a report which shows all publications by our staff during two dates.

To do this with the API:
1. I search for the IDs of all staff who have a match to our organisation (using RINGOLD and GRID and affiliation-org-name to find them all)
2. for each of those I check their employments and filter the list to those who were working with us between the dates in question
3. for each person who was working with us during the period, I get their works; if a work was published during the period in question and while employed by us then it's added to the report in the following format (note those who were our staff are shown in bold):

  • Agustí-Panareda, A., Mcnorton, J., Balsamo, G., Baier, B.C., Bousserez, N., Boussetta, S., Brunner, D., Chevallier, F., Choulga, M., Diamantakis, M. and Engelen, R. (2022) Global nature run data with realistic high-resolution carbon weather for the year of the Paris agreement. Scientific data9(1), pp.1-13. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41597-022-01228-2

That's a lot of API calls and date tests and I was wondering if I've missed something in the way the API works and if there was a simpler way?

Thanks for any ideas.

Fran Alsina

Sep 7, 2022, 9:05:19 AM9/7/22
to ORCID API Users
Hi Helen,

Indeed, from our point of view, that would be the way to proceed.

You would search the registry to find those users that are affiliated to your organization:

And then you can do a GET call to check their affiliation information.

Bear in mind that the Public API only returns the ORCID records that have that information with public visibility.

I hope that this helps.
Best regards,

Helen Setchell

Sep 13, 2022, 6:27:23 AM9/13/22
to ORCID API Users
Thanks for the reply and confirming there isn't a way to do this with fewer API calls.
Best, Helen

Hauschke, Christian

Sep 14, 2022, 11:49:55 AM9/14/22
to Helen Setchell, ORCID API Users

Helen,

If I understand your use case correctly, then we implemented exactly this query in our PIDgraph notebooks (https://github.com/Project-TAPIR/pidgraph-notebooks) and our generate2VIVO tool, for which we provide a swagger UI for testing. More information can be found in these two blog posts:

https://blogs.tib.eu/wp/tib/2022/03/01/project-tapir-harvesting-the-power-of-pids/

https://blogs.tib.eu/wp/tib/2022/06/13/project-tapir-pid-based-data-import-into-vivo-with-generate2vivo/

Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if you have questions.

Best,

Christian