invalid access token reason

jnro...@ncsu.edu

Feb 19, 2024, 2:41:55 PMFeb 19
to ORCID API Users
Hi,

I'm getting an invalid access token error for a particular user. From the information we have the access token should still be valid. Is there any way for me to get additional information on why the access token is invalid?

I hope that by knowing why the access token is no longer valid, I will know what information to display to users and how I can help them resolve this issue.

And am I correct that in order to use the refresh token to get a new access token that the current access token needs to be valid?

Thank you,

Jason
Message has been deleted

Fran Alsina

Feb 20, 2024, 5:48:51 AMFeb 20
to ORCID API Users
Hi Jason,

You are correct, in order to use the refresh token, the access token needs to be valid. More info on refresh tokens can be found here:
https://github.com/ORCID/ORCID-Source/blob/main/orcid-api-web/tutorial/refresh_tokens.md

We will get in touch with you soon so that we can confirm what went wrong with the access token.

Thank you!