Searching API with ROR ID

ow...@ostephens.com

Oct 29, 2021, 7:11:47 AM10/29/21
to ORCID API Users
Hi

Following the information about the integration of ROR IDs into the registry (https://info.orcid.org/add-research-institution-identifiers-with-ror/) is it now possible to search via the API using a ROR identifier? If so, what is the index that should be used, and should we search using the full URI (e.g. https://ror.org/00xkeyj56) or just the unique part (00xkeyj56)

Thanks

Owen

Fran Alsina

Nov 2, 2021, 12:26:57 PM11/2/21
to ORCID API Users
Hi Owen,

Thank you for reaching out.

Currently, it is not possible to search by ROR identifier. We will work on this and it will be possible to do searches via the API using ROR identifiers.

You can check the progress in this related card:

In the meantime, you can do searches by GRID, Ringgold and Fundref.

I hope that this information helps. Do let me know if you have any further questions or if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

Cheers,

ow...@ostephens.com

Nov 4, 2021, 7:09:52 AM11/4/21
to ORCID API Users
Thanks very much for the response.

The Trello card you reference (https://trello.com/c/Q2xh1M0z/193-display-organizations-within-the-organisation-dropdown-lists-using-ror-org-ids-and-remove-grid) is about the affiliation options offered to the user in the UI. Is the implication that once that card is completed then search by RoR will be supported via the API?

Thanks

Owen

Fran Alsina

Nov 9, 2021, 7:17:37 AM11/9/21
to ORCID API Users
Hi Owen.

That's correct. Once that card is completed, you will also be able to search by ROR via the API. Apologies for not clarifying that.

Any updates will be added in that card.

Let us know if you have any further doubts.

Cheers,