Scheduled outage on Monday 29 January

wjrsi...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2024, 7:31:02 AMJan 26
to ORCID API Users
On Monday, 29 January, ORCID will be migrating our systems to a new data center. In the immediate term, this move will reinforce our resiliency against technical outages. In the longer term, this move will allow ORCID to leverage enhanced capabilities and access new services on demand for future development requirements, ultimately increasing the efficiency and throughput of our Technical Team.

During this transition, the ORCID Registry, including the Public and Member API and the ORCID Registry user interface, will be unavailable for up to one hour starting at 13:00 UTC.

In the weeks leading up to the downtime as we prepare for the migration, there may be a small number of failed API calls, or users may need to occasionally refresh their browser when accessing the ORCID registry. Any degradation in service will only last for a few seconds, the number of failures will be small, and we expect the impact to be minimal. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

--

Will Simpson
Director of Technology, ORCID