sandbox.orcid.org outage on Monday 24, 2021

Will Simpson

May 20, 2021, 11:38:06 AM5/20/21
to ORCID API Users

Hi,

The ORCID devops team is in the process of upgrading our technology stack behind the scenes, and the next step is for us to rollout the upgrades to sandbox.orcid.org.

The upgrades have been tested thoroughly, and there should be no visible change either in the UI or the APIs.

We are planning to do this between 10am and 11am UTC on Monday, May 24.

Although short outages are normal on the sandbox when we do regular deployments, this one will be slightly longer than usual and so we giving notice.

After the upgrades, you should notice no difference to the system. We are migrating all data to the new servers, so all client IDs, tokens, and other data will remain in the system.

The next step after this will be to deploy the upgrades to production. So, please do let us know as quickly as possible if you do notice any unexpected problems after the deployment on Monday.

Best wishes,

Will

Will Simpson

May 24, 2021, 10:45:41 AM5/24/21
to ORCID API Users
Hi,

I am pleased to say the new infrastucture is up and running for sandbox.orcid.org and all looking good.

However, if you do notice anything strange or unexpected please do let us know.

Also, I want to be clear that when we roll out to production there will be no outage, because we have sufficient resources in place there to doing a gradual roll out without downtime.

นายสุชัย วรรณกิจวรกุล

May 24, 2021, 1:59:52 PM5/24/21
to Will Simpson, ORCID API Users
ขอบคุณครับ.