Contributor metadata

Michael Flanagan

Dec 18, 2023, 12:08:20 AM12/18/23
to ORCID API Users
Hello,

I'm a librarian, new to this group and to just about everything else in the ORCID API universe, not to mention the coding universe.

My current quandary is why am I not seeing any contributor metadata in the JSON file that I've pulled from an ORCID profile (which clearly has contributor metadata, as evidenced on the front end UI)?

My broader goals include: Learn how to post, delete and edit works to an ORCID profile (on behalf of the subject's organization) via API.  I'd hoped to be able to simply post a DOI and have the ORCID site auto-magically fetch some basic metadata (from CrossRef, let's say), but it appears that I'll need to incorporate that step on my own, before posting.

In any case, perhaps someone out there has advice/links for me.

Michael
NCAR Library
Boulder, CO

Eric Lease Morgan

Dec 18, 2023, 10:42:22 AM12/18/23
to ORCID API Users

On Dec 18, 2023, at 12:08 AM, Michael Flanagan <flan...@ucar.edu> wrote:

> My current quandary is why am I not seeing any contributor metadata in the JSON file that I've pulled from an ORCID profile (which clearly has contributor metadata, as evidenced on the front end UI)?

<shot-in-the-dark>I believe there are different levels of the ORCID API, and the level you have been granted may not include contributor metadata</shot-in-the-dark> --Eric Morgan, University of Notre Dame