Error: Redirect URI doesn't match your registered redirect URIs

Maira Garcia

Sep 27, 2020, 4:17:57 PM9/27/20
to ORCID API Users
Hello,

I´m a researcher and have an ORCID account. Recently, I uploaded an article in a research journal and it didn´t recognized my account link so they sent me an email with this to connect my ORCID:  https://orcid.org/oauth/authorize?client_id=APP-X89HJDJ9G3FJ16RY&response_type=code&scope=%2Fauthenticate&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Frevistas.uma.es%2Findex.php%2Finnoeduca%2Forcidapi%2ForcidVerify%3Ftoken%3D969215804d038a5bcbee75f061d8dbcd%26articleId%3D10233

When I click on it, it sends me to ORCID sign in but when I put my user and password it shows this error: Redirect URI doesn't match your registered redirect URIs

What does that mean? I looked on Troubleshoot but didn´t understand much. It looks like a programing issue or something like that and don´t understand the terminology. Please help!!

Support hasn´t answered me back and it´s urgent. I don´t know what else to do!!

Liz Krznarich

Sep 27, 2020, 4:40:53 PM9/27/20
to ORCID API Users
Hi there,

I'm sorry for the trouble - it looks like the ORCID API credentials used by this journal were not configured correctly. I have updated the configuration so that the link now works and will follow up with UMA to let them know.

Cheers,
Liz
---
Liz Krznarich