HTTP 302 Error with Google Oauth playground

Rashmi Abbigeri

Sep 22, 2022, 10:51:14 AM9/22/22
to ORCID API Users
Hey everyone,

I was following the Hands on with ORCID API tutorial, https://info.orcid.org/hands-on-with-the-orcid-api/

And after adding Add /activities/update, /personal/update, /read-limited into the scopes field and clicking on authorise APIs,  I get 302 error after signing in.

How can I resolve this ?

Jordan Holt

Sep 22, 2022, 1:08:30 PM9/22/22
to ORCID API Users

Hello,

The 302 error code is often the result of invalid scopes. For example, the /activities/update/person/update & /read-limited scopes cannot be used with public API clients.

I’ve noticed that you indicate you’re using /personal/update as a scope. We do not not support /personal/update as a scope - but /person/update is a scope available with our member API. I imagine this may be a typo, but it would result in a 302 error code.

In this case, I would suggest double checking that the scopes being used are valid & compatible with the API you're using (public/member).

If you do not already have sandbox member API credentials, please feel free to request credentials by submitting the following form: Register a client application: Sandbox Member API

All are welcome to request sandbox member API credentials and try out the full features available with the member API.

I’d also like to draw your attention to the following resources which you also may find useful in this case:

Kind regards,

Jordan