sandbox not verifying mailinator addresses

Andrew Elwell

Feb 7, 2021, 8:12:38 PMFeb 7
to ORCID API Users
Hi Folks,

I know that the sandbox only sends mail out to mailinator addresses, but can they be validated after?

and I have got the mail, clicked the link and got

(they're all coming in to https://www.mailinator.com/v4/public/inboxes.jsp?to=bb35d120-0d13-4fdb-a305-10e5599a487c as expected)

"Thank you for verifying your email BB35D120-0D13-4FDB...@mailinator.com" from the sandbox webpage

however, when I go to 'developer tools' I. see the  "Verify your email address to get started" button.

Am I missing a restriction? found a bug using UUIDs? something not respecting case semsitivity on the local-part of the mailbox?

This feels like I'm making a very trivial error

Many thanks

Andrew

Andrew Elwell

Feb 7, 2021, 8:29:25 PMFeb 7
to ORCID API Users
> This feels like I'm making a very trivial error

Yes - it appears I was too impatient. All good. nothing to see here.
something got cached?

Pedro Costa

Feb 8, 2021, 10:44:45 AMFeb 8
to ORCID API Users
Hi Andrew,

This is indeed a caching error -- thank you for helping us identify the bug! We're already working on a fix.

Pedro Costa
QA Lead
ORCID