ORCID Sandbox Migration - Action Required

Laura Paglione

Jan 18, 2013, 6:26:59 PM1/18/13
to orcid-a...@googlegroups.com
Dear ORCID API User,

Great news! We will be updating the Sandbox server in the coming weeks to match the look, feel and functionality of the production servers. As part of this change, please note this important announcement:

As of Feb 28, 2013 website and APIs at DevSandbox.ORCID.org will be deprecated.

New ORCID Sandbox servers at a new URI will be provided as of January 30, 2013; new client credentials will be required to access the API at this new location. Both the old and new environments will be in operation through February 28, after which the old server will be deprecated and URIs and client credentials issued for the old environment will cease to work. By refreshing your Sandbox credentials you will ensure that you do not have an interruption in your use of the server.

More information about this change can be found in the attached file, or online at: http://goo.gl/hikDm.

If you have questions that the document doesn't address, please contact us at sup...@orcid.org. Feel free to forward this notice to others who may need this information.

Thanks,

Best, Laura

SandboxMigration.pdf

Laura Paglione

Jan 24, 2013, 12:07:24 PM1/24/13
to orcid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi -- Quick update - (note: the related document at http://goo.gl/hikDm has been updated to reflect this update)

READY NOW!!

Ready ahead of schedule, you may use the new Sandbox environment as of today. Despite the new environment being ready now, the deprecation date for the old (devsandbox.orcid.org) environment will continue to be February 28, 2013. You may use either environment during the interim.

The relevant URLs
USE YOUR CURRENT CLIENT CREDENTIALS!!

We were able to migrate all client credentials to the new servers. You *do not* need to request new credentials. Please continue to use your existing credentials with the new servers.

If you have any questions about your specific situation, please send an email to sup...@orcid.org, or visit http://support.orcid.org/, and click "Contact Support" on the right column.

We're looking forward to seeing you on the new server!

Best, L

Laura Paglione

Feb 25, 2013, 10:17:40 AM2/25/13
to orcid-a...@googlegroups.com
Reminder! This is the last week to use devsandbox.orcid.org. If you haven't already switched to the new sandbox server, please do so this week, as the sever will no longer be available after February 28, 2013. See below for additional details.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at sup...@orcid.org.

Thanks!

Best, Laura
---