ORCID iD and OJS

Annalena Reuss

Jan 24, 2023, 4:49:10 AM1/24/23
to ORCID API Users

Hi,

I'm curious if there are any OJS (Open Journal Systems) users here who are using the ORCID profile plugin, Shibboleth and OpenID plugin in their installations.

In a test project I tried to work with all three plugins to enable synchronization of ORCID records as well as to provide the option to sign in to OJS using the ORCID iD. However, the plugins store the ORCID iD in different formats and in general do not work very well together so far.

My idea is to make the ORCID iD a central attribute, that can be accessed and used by multiple plugins in OJS without the need for the user to connect their iD with each of the plugins individually.

Does anyone have experience with these plugins and is already using them together?
Is there a general interest to provide this functionality in OJS?

Best,
Annalena