Re: [ORCID API] Digest for orcid-api-users@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 2 topics

Rusdin Tahir

Feb 16, 2021, 9:06:29 PMFeb 16
to orcid-a...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Thank you, I would love to receive this email, and thank you for the API information about consistently high system loads, and information on building additional server capacity.

while I have not found a significant problem.

Greetings,

Dr. Rusdin Tahir, CIQaR., CIQnR
Padjadjaran University, Indonesia

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 1:31 AM <orcid-a...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Will Simpson <w.si...@orcid.org>: Feb 16 09:42AM -0800

Dear all,

Just to confirm that the new server capacity was brought online yesterday
as planned, and so the Member API should be performing better now. Please
do let us know if you see any issues at all on the Member API.

Thanks once again for your patience.

Best regards,

Will

On Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 4:14:05 PM UTC Will Simpson wrote:

Pedro Costa <p.c...@orcid.org>: Feb 16 04:01AM -0800

Hi Russell,

You can use ORCID's Public API to read information defined as publicly
visible by record owners. You can read the whole record like so:

curl -i -H 'Content-Type: application/orcid+xml' -H 'Authorization: Bearer
[Your /read-public access token]'
'https://pub.sandbox.orcid.org/v3.0/0000-0001-2345-6789/record'

Or you can read just the affiliations section you may want to check. Here
I'm reading the employment section:

curl -i -H 'Content-Type: application/orcid+xml' -H 'Authorization:
Bearer [Your /read-public access token] '
'https://pub.sandbox.orcid.org/v3.0/0000-0001-2345-6789/employment'

You can learn more about this with these tutorials:

https://github.com/ORCID/ORCID-Source/blob/master/orcid-api-web/tutorial/read_public.md

https://github.com/ORCID/ORCID-Source/blob/master/orcid-api-web/tutorial/affiliations.md

And you can see all our tutorials in GitHub here:

https://github.com/ORCID/ORCID-Source/tree/master/orcid-api-web/tutorial

Let us know if we can assist with anything else.

Pedro Costa
QA Lead
ORCID
https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4566-1411