ORCID XSD Version 1.1 and 1.2_rcX to sunset on April 1, 2015

Liz Krznarich

Jan 12, 2015, 4:01:26 PM1/12/15
to orcid-a...@googlegroups.com

**If you have an active integration with the ORCID Registry or with the sandbox this message affects you.  Please note these upcoming changes.**

ORCID XSD Version 1.1 and 1.2_rcX to sunset on April 1, 2015

XSD 1.2 is now available on the production ORCID Registry and the sandbox as a stable release version. On April 1, 2015 we will update the default ORCID Message Schema from version 1.1 to 1.2, and we will no longer support version 1.1 or release candidate versions of 1.2 (1.2_rc1 through 1.2_rc7). After April 1, integrations that have not updated to version 1.2 may not work correctly.

Changes in XSD 1.2 include:

  • New elements for affiliations and funding

  • Changes to how data provenance is expressed

  • External IDs are required for all works

For more details about the changes from 1.1 to 1.2 and what you need to do to update, see: http://support.orcid.org/knowledgebase/articles/481386/

The new XSD for Version 1.2 can be found at: https://github.com/ORCID/ORCID-Source/blob/master/orcid-model/src/main/resources/orcid-message-1.2.xsd

For general information about the schema update process and how release candidates work see ORCID XSD Versioning.

We’re happy to answer questions and work with you on updating your integration! Contact us at sup...@orcid.org