exploration of one-way, read-only ORCID integration for custom app

Jennifer Bivens

Apr 15, 2024, 12:52:06 PMApr 15
to ORCID API Users
Hello,

At Northwestern University in the College of Arts and Sciences, we are building a custom faculty activity reporting (and roster) system. We would like to simplify data entry of works (books, articles, etc.) by leveraging ORCID data.

Our aim is a minimally viable product by September 1, so a first step may simply be to ask faculty to use ORCID for entering works. The next step is to either show faculty a view of their ORCID works--within our custom system--and then the next and final step is to consume the works data (either public or approved for our system) in our custom database. We are in the planning stages now but are setting expectations for just an MVP for this year.

Would anyone be willing to share work similar to the above proposed read-only integration and/or meet with a few us in our College? We have two developers and two analysts that would love to meet and hear timeline, best practices, gotchas and so on.

Many thanks,
Jennifer Bivens
Lead Business Analyst, Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
Northwestern University