Integrating ORCID with existing Keycloak based service

Allan Brighton

Mar 22, 2021, 12:14:56 PMMar 22
to ORCID API Users
Does anyone have any experience integrating ORCID with Keycloak?
In the Keycloak admin console you can configure "Identity Providers" that support OpenID Connect, which ORCID does. There I would need to fill out a form with some details.

Any tips on how to do this or pointers to useful information would be appreciated.

Allan Brighton

Mar 24, 2021, 8:13:57 PMMar 24
to ORCID API Users
So I managed to get Keycloak working with ORCID as an identity provider (using the ORCID sandbox server and dummy credentials).
I followed the steps outlined here: https://github.com/xchem/xchem_it/issues/18 and the Keycloak documentation

I'm assuming the redirect URI should point back to Keycloak (or at least the URI for the domain).
I read that the redirect URI needs to be an https:// URI when using the actual ORCID service and, at least now during development, that is not the case.