ORCID integration with DSpace-Cris

Eldridge van der Westhuizen

Oct 25, 2020, 4:30:45 AM10/25/20
to ORCID API Users
Good day all!

I have been struggling to get ORCID integration working with DSpace-Cris.  Still currently in the sandbox environment.

My config settings as follows:
authentication-oauth.application-client-id=(as received from ORCID)
authentication-oauth.application-client-secret=(as received from ORCID)
authentication-oauth.orcid-api-url=https://api.sandbox.orcid.org/v3.0    (also tried /v2.0)
authentication-oauth.application-redirect-uri=https://dspace.ump.ac.za/jspui/oauth-login
authentication-oauth.application-authorize-url=https://sandbox.orcid.org/oauth/authorize
authentication-oauth.application-client-scope=/authenticate
authentication-oauth.application-token-url=https://sandbox.orcid.org/oauth/token

Created an account in the sandbox environment on ORCID and can successfully sign in there.   Also looked at the profile and all permissions are correct. Trusted organization is there with the correct URL redirect.

As soon as i want to sign in with this account via DSPACE, it redirects me to this message:

ORCID authentication failed. Please try again: ORCID Authentication.

Only information i receive in logfile is:

2020-10-25 10:15:37,579 INFO  org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.OAuthAuthenticationServlet @ Retrieved oauthResponse from apache.oltu

2020-10-25 10:15:37,586 INFO  org.dspace.authenticate.LDAPAuthentication @ anonymous:session_id=8190E3CEA951427348D0221C77FF85A2:ip_addr=10.10.1.4:auth:attempting trivial auth of user=null

2020-10-25 10:15:37,586 INFO  org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.OAuthAuthenticationServlet @ anonymous:session_id=8190E3CEA951427348D0221C77FF85A2:ip_addr=10.10.1.4:failed_login:type=orcid, oauth authentication error

Any advise will be appreciated.

Regards

Eldridge