Tools menu is grayed out

Tom Stern

May 3, 2016, 11:40:11 AM5/3/16
to Orcad User Group
I want to re-annotate a schematic but the entire Tools menu is grayed out. Does anyone know why this could happen?

James, Ron UTC CCS

May 3, 2016, 11:43:55 AM5/3/16
to orcad-us...@googlegroups.com

Check that you have the xxxxxxxx.dsn line highlighted.  If the top line (Design Resources) is highlighted, the menu will be inactive.

--

---

Tom Stern

May 3, 2016, 11:47:08 AM5/3/16
to orcad-us...@googlegroups.com
If I click on the .dsn (highlight it in blue) I can see the Tools menu is available again. Why can't I do this from the schematic editor?

--

---

James, Ron UTC CCS

May 3, 2016, 11:54:13 AM5/3/16
to orcad-us...@googlegroups.com

By schematic editor, do you mean while an individual sheet is open for editing?

I assume all of these tools should only be applied to the entire schematic, so the menu is not available while inside one sheet.  (Even if your schematic only has one sheet.)

Tom Stern

May 3, 2016, 8:19:53 PM5/3/16
to Orcad User Group
Yes it seems so. Thanks!