DBO 3220 Invalid File Format

rcolm...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2019, 4:33:06 PM4/11/19
to Orcad User Group
I am trying to update an old Orcad Layout 9.0 max file using the associated Orcad Capture 9.0 schematic dsn file. However, I cannot load the dsn file and get a DBO3220 Invalid file format error.
CIB178A.DSN
CIB178A.MAX

Michael Noel

Apr 12, 2019, 11:41:12 AM4/12/19
to orcad-us...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I open the DSN file with Orcad 17.2 and works well. It's an Xilinx FPGA design board.
Maybe you should open with a new versions of Orcad and the .max file you should convert
(available I guess from 16.3 or above the tool converter) from .max to .brd file and then to update
the design.
Hope it help you.

Cheers
Miki

--

---

Richard Colman

Apr 12, 2019, 12:03:32 PM4/12/19
to orcad-us...@googlegroups.com
Miki: Yes, I was able to do that also with the new Orcad I have, but the max file did not convert well. I tried to save it as a dsn file and open it with the old Orcad 9 to no avail. I may
have to work with the brd file and work out the footprints that did not convert accurately. Thanks for the help.

Richard Colman

Apr 12, 2019, 12:06:30 PM4/12/19
to orcad-us...@googlegroups.com
Miki: I also found that I did not have the max to brd translator in the Orcad 17.2 program. Any idea how to get that?

Guy Clark

Apr 12, 2019, 2:53:59 PM4/12/19
to orcad-us...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys!

16.6 was the last version to be able to import a MAX file.  Probably due to the 32 to 64 bit OS change.

I keep a copy of 16.6 on my computer, just for such contingencies.

Guy Clark

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus

Ron_O

Apr 12, 2019, 6:16:49 PM4/12/19
to Orcad User Group
Richard,
I'm able to read the max file in Layout 9.2 & 10.5, the dsn file in Capture 16.6 both without errors.  An autoeco in layout shows ~20 design changes (mostly net assignments).
Attempting to read the dsn file with Capture 9.2 does produce the DBO3220 error -likely because the schematic was updated or last saved in a newer rev of Capture.
You don't need the same rev of each software though.  I'd suggest using a newer rev of Capture eg. 16.3, 16.6+ and create a Layout netlist (*.mnl) from that then load the layout and run an AutoEco to link the netlist to the layout.  You should be good to route from there.

Ron_O

Richard Colman

Apr 14, 2019, 10:27:52 AM4/14/19
to orcad-us...@googlegroups.com