2022-08-05T17:07:20,653 ERROR XFormsServer - xforms-submit-error

PITS HKE

Aug 5, 2022, 5:24:12 AM8/5/22
to Orbeon Forms
Dear All,

In my NGINX reverse proxy environment with a valid internet FQDN, the following errors constantly shown in orbeon.log while I am trying to open the sample forms such as bookshelf form, dmv-14 form, w-9 form, travel form, and contact form.  Fortunately, I can open controls form without error shown.

2022-08-05T17:07:20,653 ERROR XFormsServer - xforms-submit-error - xf:submission for submission id: fr-default-submission, redirect code received with replace="Instance"

However, if I directly open a browser on the same VM for http://localhost:8080, I can open up all sample forms except controls form.  The behaviour is completely reversed.

May I seek any insights from this groups for me to evaluate the form system properly.  Million thanks.

Jonathan

ebruchez

Aug 8, 2022, 1:40:31 PM8/8/22
to Orbeon Forms
Jonathan,

Based on the error you show, this is strictly related to connecting to the embedded eXist database. You can try to solve that, but since Orbeon Forms's use of eXist is deprecated and used only for the demo forms, I'd say the time would be better spent setting up a relational database and see if things work well from there. See:

-Erik

PITS HKE

Aug 9, 2022, 12:49:41 PM8/9/22
to Orbeon Forms
Hi Erik,

Thank you so so much for your kind suggestion.  I have followed the documentation for mysql but an error is shown on the form builder "An error occurred while reading form meta data".

I have attached the orbeon.log as a clean start-up of tomcat 9 and appreciate for your kind enlightenment to get this through.  Million thanks.

Jonathan
orbeon.log

ebruchez

Aug 10, 2022, 2:28:29 PM8/10/22
to Orbeon Forms
Jonathan,

Thanks for the log. Based on that, it seems that the error occurs because it's trying to read the global library from eXist.

Please also set the following (using your own provider name, here it is `oracle`):

    <property
        as="xs:string"
        name="oxf.fr.persistence.provider.*.*.*"
        value="oracle"/>

And the following:

    <property
        as="xs:boolean"
        name="oxf.fr.persistence.exist.active"
        value="false"/>

See:

-Erik

PITS HKE

Aug 12, 2022, 5:08:44 AM8/12/22
to Orbeon Forms
9F00EF52-C7EB-4A11-A664-71D4A2B8E9F2.jpegHi Erik,

Thank you so so much about your suggestion.  I think I have successfully setup MySQl <-> Orbeon Form (as shown in the mysql console attached).

I can see forms now can be created while data can also be collected successfully.  However, I find no data save in any of the tables listed below but all these forms can be accessed online from web.  Do you know why?
2024B510-1FC7-4BEA-B6F2-8A9103CCFF0E.jpeg

PITS HKE

Aug 15, 2022, 12:17:07 AM8/15/22
to Orbeon Forms
Interesting.  I decided to switch from Tomcat9 to Wildfly while all these problems resolve.  I can now have a deep dive review of the form.  Thank you.

ebruchez

Aug 15, 2022, 1:38:14 PM8/15/22
to Orbeon Forms

I can't explain why changing servlet containers would help, but it's good to hear that things are working now!

-Erik