List of Accessible Forms through JavaScript embedding API

Aaron Spike

Aug 18, 2021, 9:50:28 AM8/18/21
to Orbeon Forms
To load a form in edit mode via the JavaScript embedding API, one must know the documentId. Is there any way to obtain documentIds accessible to the current user through the JavaScript embedding API? Or must this be done somehow out-of-band?

Aaron Spike

Aug 19, 2021, 10:28:04 AM8/19/21
to Orbeon Forms
If this isn't currently available, is there a simple way I could build an API like this using the capabilities provided in Orbeon Forms?

Alessandro Vernet

Aug 19, 2021, 1:07:04 PM8/19/21
to Orbeon Forms
Hi Aaron,

You could get this information by calling the search API, but this API isn't designed to be made accessible from the browser, as doing so would allow users to access and change anything in the data. So I imagine that you'd be looking at creating your own API designed, which itself uses the Orbeon Forms search API. You'll let me know if this makes sense.

-Alex

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 6:50 AM Aaron Spike <spi...@mlc-wels.edu> wrote:
To load a form in edit mode via the JavaScript embedding API, one must know the documentId. Is there any way to obtain documentIds accessible to the current user through the JavaScript embedding API? Or must this be done somehow out-of-band?
This electronic communication, including any attached documents, may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information that is intended only for use by the recipient(s) named above. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the communication and any attachments. Views expressed by the author do not necessarily represent those of Martin Luther College.