Orbeon 2023.1: Language selection not working

Gabriela Gettigova

Apr 8, 2024, 1:37:30 PMApr 8
to Orbeon Forms
Hi.
I am working now with Orbeon 2023.1 version. We are now facing two issues
Issue1: Selected default language is not selected

We don't have specific properties file for runner or builder...
We have in properties-local.xml:

 <property as="xs:string"  name="oxf.fr.default-language.*.*"        value="cs"/>
    <property as="xs:string"  name="oxf.fr.available-languages"     value="cs en"/>
    <property as="xs:string"  name="oxf.fr.available-languages.*.*"                   value="*"/>

Issue 2: Language selection disappear in Form Runner (element on page, disabled, no language inside) and just English is available.

... I am afraid it is quite serious defect .. as the same behavior for second issue is observable in demo environment https://demo.orbeon.com/demo/fr/

... could you please help me if I have to somewhere / somehow report the bug ?

Thank you for your help
Ggetty.

Alessandro Vernet

Apr 9, 2024, 1:53:52 PMApr 9
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gabriela,

We are not aware of those issues, and it isn't clear to me how to reproduce them. Could you provide us with steps to reproduce, describe what you're experiencing on version 2023.1.1 (unwanted behavior), and what you experienced on version 2022.1.x (desired behavior) for each of the two problems you mentioned?

-Alex

Gabriela Gettigova

Apr 12, 2024, 1:52:39 AMApr 12
to Orbeon Forms
Hi Alex,
Thank you for your response.

According issue 2 .. I am able to reproduce it on https://demo.orbeon.com/demo/fr/
Steps to reproduce:
1) navigate to Form runner -> Published forms (https://demo.orbeon.com/demo/fr/forms)
2) select any other langugage except English (e.g. Italiano) - behavior correct, lang. selected, table header translated - screenshot1
3) select any form:

Expected behavior - list of forms will be provided with correctly translated user interface (table header, buttons etc), language selector is available
Actual (wrong) behavior: (screenshot2)
- Language selector disappeard (element exists in page, but is disabled and doesn't contain any language (screenshot3)
- user interface back in English incl. buttons.

According issue 1 ... forget it for now ... I cannot reproduce it as we did some changes on our quality assurance environment as a workaround -

Let me know if you have any other question.
Best regards .G.G.

Dne úterý 9. dubna 2024 v 19:53:52 UTC+2 uživatel ave...@orbeon.com napsal:
screenshot2-not-Italiano-form-list-without-lang-selector.png
screenshot1-correct-translation.png
screenshot3-disabled-element.png

Alessandro Vernet

Apr 16, 2024, 6:21:59 PMApr 16
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gabriela,

I understand and was able to reproduce this issue. You're right; if the form you are opening is also available in Italian, we would expect the language to remain Italian. For now, I've created issue #6269, and we will follow up here once we have more information.