Global TinyMCE Config

Aaron Spike

Jan 16, 2024, 1:36:25 PMJan 16
to Orbeon Forms
Is it possible to edit the global TinyMCE Config? I'd like to add underline to all of the editors in Form Builder. I see that it is possible to edit the config for the Explanatory Text control, but that change does not affect other editors.

Aaron Spike

This electronic communication, including any attached documents, may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information that is intended only for use by the recipient(s) named above. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the communication and any attachments. Views expressed by the author do not necessarily represent those of Martin Luther College.

Alessandro Vernet

Jan 16, 2024, 8:22:31 PMJan 16
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aaron,

If you're looking to apply that change only to the editors in Form Builder, you can set the `xf.fb.tinymce.config` property (check out the link below). Is this what you need?

Aaron Spike

Feb 19, 2024, 12:51:13 PMFeb 19
to Orbeon Forms
Yes, that was part of what I needed. I also needed to know what the default config was because I wanted to add a single button not start from scratch. I found this at https://github.com/orbeon/orbeon-forms/blob/master/web-facades/src/main/scala/org/orbeon/facades/TinyMce.scala#L93 but it might be helpful to add this to the documentation. To make the change in Form Runner I needed to use TINYMCE_CUSTOM_CONFIG along with the oxf.fr.js.custom.uri property (https://doc.orbeon.com/form-runner/component/rich-text-editor#configuration).

It has been a few weeks now so I can't remember, was there may have been a difference in behavior between the editor that appears directly on the form in Form Builder and the editor that appears on the Explanatory Text tab of the Control Settings dialog.

FWIW, as I was working on the form a college commented that it would be much more efficient if the control settings dialog was docked to the right side of the page. This had never occurred to me before, but since he said it I can't stop thinking about how nice it would be.

Alessandro Vernet

Feb 20, 2024, 7:51:50 PMFeb 20
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aaron,

I've added a link to `TinyMce.scala` in the documentation and your comment about supporting docked panels to issue #2990. Thank you for the suggestions!