Use Full URL in Javascript Embedding API embedForm() call

Nick Tates

Sep 20, 2021, 4:01:16 PM9/20/21
to Orbeon Forms
Hi:

Is it possible with the embedForm() call from the baseline.js file to just pass the full URL to a different server instead of the individual components shown in the documentation?

Thanks!

Alessandro Vernet

Sep 20, 2021, 7:40:55 PM9/20/21
to Orbeon Forms
Hi Nick,

You're right that `embedForm()` creates a URL based on the parameters you provide, and it isn't possible for you to provide the full URL already formed. Is there something in the URL that you'd like to add, and that can't be done with the parameters you pass to `embedForm()`?

-Alex

Alessandro Vernet

Sep 27, 2021, 4:11:46 PM9/27/21
to Orbeon Forms
Hi Nick,

Have you managed to do what you were aiming for with `embedForm()`, or is there something that the current API doesn't allow you to do and that you'd like to see improved?

-Alex

Nick Tates

Sep 28, 2021, 7:59:27 AM9/28/21
to Orbeon Forms
Hi Alex:

We were trying to have more control over the full path, but we got this working as is with the URL Rewrite stuff mentioned in the documentation.

Thanks!

Alessandro Vernet

Sep 29, 2021, 12:54:24 AM9/29/21
to Orbeon Forms
Excellent Nick, I'm glad you managed to do what you were aiming for with `embedForm()`, and thank you for the update.

-Alex