Customising Form Appearance

Howard Rybko

Oct 30, 2022, 1:47:00 AM10/30/22
to Orbeon Forms
Hello

I am trying to duplicate the look of a simple survey form.
I would like to change the look of the standard form when being completed by users:
  • resize the form
  • change background color
To look similar to the example below.
Is this possible?

Thank you
Howard

School_Newsletter_Survey.png

Alessandro Vernet

Nov 1, 2022, 9:28:13 PM11/1/22
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Howard,

All the changes to the appearance of the form are done with CSS. At this point, there are no "alternate looks" that you can pick from, or UI in Form Builder to customize the look & feel of the forms. The HTML produced by Orbeon Forms has "evolved" to be pretty skinnable through CSS, but of course, that still requires some work and knowledge of CSS. (Tip: use the Chrome Dev Tools, or similar in another browser.)

-Alex

Howard Rybko

Nov 2, 2022, 12:51:02 AM11/2/22
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Alex

We will do as you say with the CSS.
Question: Is there a separate CSS file for each form so we can affect one form definition at a time?

Thanks again for your help.
Howard

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Orbeon Forms" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/orbeon/CANrzKkkGji2bk7eehPm_MzQXnbtDDQUkM8cS402M7UzxBETCYw%40mail.gmail.com.

Alessandro Vernet

Nov 2, 2022, 7:23:35 PM11/2/22
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Howard,

You point to the CSS file(s) with the `oxf.fr.css.custom.uri.*.*` property. So you can have:

- CSS that applies to all the forms (using `*.*`),
- or all the forms in a specific app (using `APP.*`),
- or to a specific form (using `APP.FORM`).

This is also how most Form Runner properties work, and you can see that from the name being typically referred to as ending with `*.*`.

https://doc.orbeon.com/form-runner/styling/css

-Alex

Howard Rybko

Nov 3, 2022, 12:37:19 AM11/3/22