How change static dropdown value based on another static dropdown in orbeon forms??

Władysław Czaja

Jul 9, 2021, 6:57:38 AM7/9/21
to Orbeon Forms
I mean situation like here, but values in dropdowns is not populated dynamically.

For example:
I choose P1, and in second dropdown I see only E1, E2, E3
or
I choose P2 and in second dropdown I see only E1, E2
or
I choose P3 and in second dropdown I see only  E2, E3, E4

etc.
These are just examples of how one list is filtered based on the value in the other list

Here is demo:

Alessandro Vernet

Jul 11, 2021, 2:41:15 AM7/11/21
to Orbeon Forms
Hi Vlad,

Unfortunately, right now you can't do any dynamic filtering on the static values that you provide in Form Builder, but this is something we are planning to add (see RFE #4614 linked below, on which I added a +1 from you). If you need to do this right now, you'll need to either (a) use multiple dropdowns for E, in your example 3, and have only one of the 3 visible at any given point in time based on the value selected in P, or (b) for E use a Dynamic Dropdown, and delegate the generation of the list of value to a service that receives in input the value selected in P.

-Alex