the fr:number component no longer updates the data in the xml instance

julien bittard

Nov 18, 2022, 6:22:45 AM11/18/22
to Orbeon Forms
We have moved from version 4.4 to 2020, and we have a problem with the use of fr:number in our XFORMS forms.
I reproduced this problem on the default orbeon 2021 war by modifying the "expresso-order" example to handle the quantity with a fr-number.
I attach my modification to the email.
The problem is that the value entered in the field is not saved in the xml instance, which makes it, among other things, never valid.
Another problem, the icon showing that the field is invalid is displayed, but the associated tooltip does not appear.

To be able to use the fr:number component, I added the namespace xmlns:fr="http://orbeon.org/oxf/xml/form-runner", and the attribute xxf:function-library="org. orbeon.oxf.fr.library.FormRunnerFunctionLibrary" on the <xf:model> tag.
There is no error in the logs (which are debug level and oxf.run-mode with the value "dev").

It is blocking in our deployment of this version of Orbeon, do you have an idea of ​​the source of the problem?

Thank You

Julien
expressoorder-frnumber.xhtml

Alessandro Vernet

Nov 21, 2022, 1:44:04 AM11/21/22
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julien,

Got it, I can reproduce this, and for now created issue #5533 (see link below). Maybe unrelated, is there any particular reason you're looking into updating to 2020, and not 2021?

Bittard, Julien

Nov 21, 2022, 4:07:44 AM11/21/22
to orb...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alessandro,

Thank You for the issue.

We stopped at the 2020 because we are still using the xupdate processor. And it still works in 2020, manually including the .jar file, but no longer in 2021.

I know it's not very pretty, but modifying our code to stop using it is too impactful for us. We are considering recovering the sources of the xupdate component to keep it compatible with new versions of Orbeon.

Thank You

Julien

Nov 21, 2022, 7:12:52 PM11/21/22
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julien,

Got it about 2020 and the XUpdate processor. And yes, I think it shouldn't be too hard to take the code of the XUpdate processor, build it yourself, and run it on the latest release.

-Alex

Bittard, Julien

Nov 22, 2022, 3:13:20 AM11/22/22
to orb...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alessandro,

Thank you for confirmation.

Regarding the problem with "fr:number", do you have any idea of a fix?

Thank You

Julien

Dec 15, 2022, 11:43:22 AM12/15/22
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julien,

As a quick update on this, we have already taken some steps to support `fr:number` and `fr:date` in plain XForms, but will not manage to complete this for the 2022.1 release; so this has been moved for 2022.1.1.

-Alex

Bittard, Julien

Dec 15, 2022, 12:12:32 PM12/15/22
to orb...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the news.

If I understood correctly on the ticket, the correction cannot be carried over to 2021?

and what is the planned date for 2022.1.1?

Thank You

Julien

Jan 5, 2023, 1:44:24 PM1/5/23
to orb...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alex,

I saw that the problem was progressing but that there were still corrections to be made.

In our application we do not use "Form Runner" but only "plain Xforms", is there not a quick and temporary correction that we could apply to our version of orbeon while waiting for the final fix?

For example, modifying the "number.xbl" file so that it just works in "plain xforms"?

I tried to deduce this by looking at the corrections you have already uploaded, but I can't figure out what exactly is missing.

Because it becomes blocking on our side and we would need this quick correction.

Thanks

Julien

Jan 11, 2023, 5:19:50 AM1/11/23
to orb...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alex,

I tried, but it doesn't change anything: the entered value is not stored in the instance.

The other symptom is that the alert's tooltip also does not show when hovering the mouse over it.

And finally, despite the activation of all the debug logs, I have no error message, and therefore I cannot see what is causing the problem.

Do you have another quick fix?

Thank You.

Julien

Jan 19, 2023, 4:37:41 AM1/19/23
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex

I confirm that it works in 2021, but not in 2020. Another question is that these modifications can be applied in a general way to the application?  in order to avoid modifying each page?

Thank you very much Alex

Cordialement
Julien Bittard

De : 'Alessandro Vernet' via Orbeon Forms <orb...@googlegroups.com>
Date : mercredi 18 janv. 2023 à 11:57 PM

Alessandro Vernet

Jan 19, 2023, 5:04:34 PM1/19/23
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julien,

Good. One way to apply those changes to all the forms would be to use XSLT, if you already have a stylesheet that runs on your forms. In fact, this is what Form Runner does.

-Alex

Bittard, Julien

Feb 8, 2023, 5:54:00 AM2/8/23
to orb...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alex,

I succeeded in applying the fix on my pages with a <fr:number> field.

On the other hand, the consequence is that all "xf:alert" are then displayed as in the Form Builder, i.e. with the error message under the field concerned, and no longer via a red exclamation point in end of field with the error message in "tooltip".

Will the final correction of the problem also have this consequence? or will we find the classic "plain xforms" display of the alert message?

Because many of our pages do not "support" this new display well, it is superimposed for example with the other input fields.

So that would require a lot of work on our css styles.

Thank You.

Julien

Feb 9, 2023, 3:10:56 AM2/9/23
to orb...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I tested without the CSS files, and indeed I found the "xf:alert" formatting for all the fields.

On the other hand, the "tooltip" is missing on the <fr:number> field.

The alert message is well displayed in the <fr:error-summary> , but it does not display when hovering over the exclamation mark.

Attached are screenshots showing a test without the fix, with the fix, and with the fix but without the css included.

Thank You.

Julien

Feb 14, 2023, 2:40:47 PM2/14/23
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julien,

You are saying that without the Form Runner CSS, then the `<xf:hint>` doesn't show any more as a tool tip, but instead shows below the field. If so, keeping the Form Runner CSS, you can switch to the "tooltip behavior" by adding `xxf:hint.appearance="tooltip"` on the model. I've attached an updated example that illustrates this.

Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 11.39.44 AM.png

-Alex

view.xhtml

julien bittard

Feb 15, 2023, 1:23:03 PM2/15/23
to Orbeon Forms
Hi Alex,

I think there is a misunderstanding, because I was not clear in my screenshots: it's not the <xf:hint> , but the <xf:alert> that I would like to have in "tooltip".
In the screenshots provided, the messages "alarme", or "Vous devez saisir votre login" are indicated in the <xf:alert> of each field. The first is a <fr:number> field, the second and third are <xf:input> fields.

I tried what you suggested, but it didn't work.
The ideal for us is to have the correction without the Form Runner CSS.
But then, the alert message is no longer displayed at all at the level of the <fr:number> field, whether in "tooltip" or other. It is just present in the <error-summary>: it is this point that is missing for a perfect correction :)
Attached is an example with an <xf:alert> on the <fr:number>.

Thank You

Julien
view_frnumberalert.xhtml

Alessandro Vernet

Feb 16, 2023, 7:42:37 PM2/16/23
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julien,

On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 10:23 AM julien bittard <ricet...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think there is a misunderstanding, because I was not clear in my screenshots: it's not the <xf:hint> , but the <xf:alert> that I would like to have in "tooltip".
In the screenshots provided, the messages "alarme", or "Vous devez saisir votre login" are indicated in the <xf:alert> of each field. The first is a <fr:number> field, the second and third are <xf:input> fields.

 The `<xf:alert>` specifies a message shown when a field is invalid. In the example you've attached to your message, if I add a `<xf:bind ref="." constraint="false()"/>` to make the field always invalid (modified source attached), then I get a red exclamation mark icon next to the field:

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 4.38.29 PM.png
I think that in the past, a tooltip with the alert message was showing when you were hovering with your mouse pointer over that icon. Is this what you are referring to?

-Alex
view.xhtml

julien bittard

Feb 17, 2023, 2:23:36 AM2/17/23
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Yes it’s exactly what i mean.
But now , on fr:number field, There is’nt anymore message showing.

Thank you

Julien

Feb 20, 2023, 1:15:21 AM2/20/23
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julien,

Got it, however I am not seeing the tooltip on mouseover even for a plain text input, e.g. with the attached example. Am I missing anything? If not, when was the last time this worked for you, i.e. with what version of Orbeon Forms?

-Alex

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Orbeon Forms" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/orbeon/DBBP189MB146712753D3C18B753C0ED65A9A19%40DBBP189MB1467.EURP189.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.
view.xhtml

Bittard, Julien

Feb 20, 2023, 11:32:09 AM2/20/23
to orb...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alex,

I am using the 2021 version of ORBEON to reproduce the problem.

Try with the example I sent at the start, based on the "expresso-order.xhtml"

Julien

Alessandro Vernet

Feb 26, 2023, 3:38:12 AM2/26/23
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julien,

Sorry, my last message wasn't clear: I was asking on which version of Orbeon Forms you've last seen this working, i.e. which version was correctly showing a tooltip when hovering the alert icon, even for a plain text field? (I'm asking because the code seems incorrect to me, but hasn't changed in a long, long time.)

-Alex

julien bittard

Feb 26, 2023, 7:55:53 AM2/26/23
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi alex

Ok , it’s on orbeon 4.4.1 …  😅

Envoyé à partir de Outlook pour iOS

Mar 1, 2023, 3:45:42 AM3/1/23
to orb...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alex,

Good news. But, the issue you indicate seems to be fixed in version 2022.1 only (https://github.com/orbeon/orbeon-forms/issues/3669) so I don't understand how it can be a regression on previous versions.

Thank You.

Julien

Mar 3, 2023, 9:12:09 AM3/3/23
to orb...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the explanations. I am indeed waiting for your return, I hope positive, because this problem blocks the release of the new version of our application.

Thank You .

Julien

Mar 9, 2023, 2:53:03 AM3/9/23
to orb...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alex.

Good news ! Thank’s for that.

For the moment we are in version 2020 of ORBEON, and we plan to switch to 2021 to unblock the problem.

Is it possible to postpone the correction of https://github.com/orbeon/orbeon-forms/issues/5712 to 2021?

I can take care of it locally and modify the xforms.js file by applying your correction, and indicating in the oxf.xforms.assets.baseline property not to take the xforms.js file in "min=true"?

Julien

Mar 10, 2023, 1:00:03 AM3/10/23
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex

my goal is to provide a fix as soon as possible.  we use ORBEON CE.  My proposal was to apply the tooltip correction myself to go faster because I don't know when 2021.1.8 will be available

Thank’s

Julien

Envoyé à partir de Outlook pour iOS
Mar 18, 2023, 12:45:46 PM3/18/23
to orb...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the explanation. I applied the patch on the xforms.js file of the 2021 version and it works perfectly. We will be able to offer this to our customers.

Thank You

Julien

Mar 20, 2023, 5:19:40 PM3/20/23
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Perfect Julien, I am glad that this worked out.

-Alex