Populate dropdown from values given eralier in the form

Karina Oudal

May 2, 2024, 3:21:14 PMMay 2
to Orbeon Forms
Hello

I wonder if its possible to populate a dropdown with values given in a repeated grid earlier in the form.

I have a repeated grid with companies and their information, including their name.
Later I like to have a dropdown, that list the names from the "name" field in the repeated grid.

I like to use xpath expressions in the dropdown dialog to tell the dropdown where to get its values from.

Would that be possible and how?

Best regards

Alessandro Vernet

May 3, 2024, 3:34:55 PMMay 3
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karina,

This can be a bit tricky. I've attached the form source code, a video demo, and uploaded the form to the demo server for you to try directly.

Is this what you were looking for?

https://demo.orbeon.com/demo/fr/orbeon/builder/edit/2575e9eccc8a28ce95dde432d9e9e6331a236449

-Alex

form.xml
dropdown-from-grid.mp4

Alessandro Vernet

May 10, 2024, 12:00:28 PMMay 10
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karina,

Have you had a chance to try in your form to use the technique described in my previous message to populate the dropdown based on information provided by the user in a repeating grid? If so, did it work for you or did you encounter any difficulties?

-Alex