migrating from IBM Form server

Zachary Spath

Oct 18, 2023, 4:10:42 PM10/18/23
to Orbeon Forms
Hello Orbies,

I'm looking for a robust solution for about 200 different form types and 10 million completed  forms. These are complex multi page health care records.
Is Orbeon on par with IBM Form Server? and has anyone done a migration? currently the forms are saved in XFDL format. Does Orbeon have any kind of conversion from that format?

Thank you,
Zak

Alessandro Vernet

Oct 30, 2023, 5:52:03 PM10/30/23
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zak,

I would recommend that you explore this question by doing a Proof of Concept (POC), starting with one of the simpler forms, recreating it with Form Builder, and migrating your existing data to the new format. This should help you get a feel for how well Orbeon Forms' capabilities match your needs, and how much work is involved in migrating all of your forms and data.

Would such an approach work for you? If so, we can help your team with a Dev Support package (https://www.orbeon.com/services).

-Alex

Alessandro Vernet

Nov 5, 2023, 8:22:13 PM11/5/23
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zak,

Have you given some thoughts to the POC approach? Is this something that might work for you?

-Alex
Message has been deleted