Does Javascript Embedding API work with custom xForms?

Juhan Aasaru

Apr 6, 2022, 3:30:29 AM4/6/22
to Orbeon Forms
Hi!

We are running our own xForms (not created with Form Builder) with Orbeon within iframe.
We have some problems with the iframe so we are looking at our options to embedd the forms to our Angular app. We are users of Orbeon PE.

When looking at Javascript embedding API
we noticed that it says "The Form Runner JavaScript Embedding API...".

So does anyone know if it means the forms need to be created with Form Builder or does it work with regular xforms as well?

Thanks
Juhan Aasaru

Alessandro Vernet

Apr 6, 2022, 3:50:05 PM4/6/22
to Orbeon Forms
Hi Juhan,

You're correct: the JavaScript embedding API is done specifically for forms created with Form Builder, and there is no JavaScript API for embedding forms created with plain XForms.

The API is for Form Runner mostly because it takes an app name, form name, mode, document id, which are all Form Runner specific, and uses those to build a URL. Creating a version of the API that allows you to provide any URL, wouldn't necessarily be a lot of work, but it isn't something for which there is a lot of demand at this point.

Do you have another way of handling this, or are maybe thinking of moving the forms to being created with Form Builder?

-Alex