Where is the best place for pre-built versions for Linux?

Greg Clough

Feb 9, 2018, 9:04:50 AM2/9/18
to Better Oracle functions support
Sorry for the newbie question, but I'm looking for pre-built versions of orafce for Linux... specifically PostgreSQL v9.6 on CentOS v7.4 (64-bit).

The best I could find was v3.3.0 from 2016:

Where's the official location for downloads?

Cheers,
Greg.

Pavel Stehule

Feb 9, 2018, 9:40:08 AM2/9/18
to orafce-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Orafce has not official own repository with prebuild packages. The most official place is https://github.com/orafce/orafce/releases

Because build on MS windows platform is too hardcore (I would not be rude), I am doing some packages and publish packages on my blog.

Build on Linux is very simple so  I am not too hurry do refresh on all places - I am expecting build from GitHub.

Probably PostgreSQL repository has more fresh orafce. I am able to refresh pgxn tomorrow

Regards

Pavel

Cheers,
Greg.

Greg Clough

Feb 9, 2018, 9:45:57 AM2/9/18
to orafce-...@googlegroups.com
On 9 February 2018 at 14:39, Pavel Stehule <pavel....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

Sorry for the newbie question, but I'm looking for pre-built versions of orafce for Linux... specifically PostgreSQL v9.6 on CentOS v7.4 (64-bit).

The best I could find was v3.3.0 from 2016:

Where's the official location for downloads?

Orafce has not official own repository with prebuild packages. The most official place is https://github.com/orafce/orafce/releases

Because build on MS windows platform is too hardcore (I would not be rude), I am doing some packages and publish packages on my blog.

Build on Linux is very simple so  I am not too hurry do refresh on all places - I am expecting build from GitHub.

Probably PostgreSQL repository has more fresh orafce. I am able to refresh pgxn tomorrow

Regards

Pavel

Many Thanks.  My support provider told me to install the "prebuilt" version of orafce... but this seems like conclusive proof that doesn't exist. :-/

I'll download and build it from GitHub.

Thanks for your hard work in developing this, as it seems invaluable when converting from Oracle -> PostgreSQL.

Regards,
Greg.

Pavel Stehule

Feb 9, 2018, 9:56:24 AM2/9/18
to orafce-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you

ora2pg is pretty good too - but it goes different way

Regards

Pavel

Regards,
Greg.

Greg Clough

Feb 9, 2018, 10:17:27 AM2/9/18
to orafce-...@googlegroups.com
Oh wait, it does seem that they are on the yum.postgresql.org repo.  Not quite the latest version (3.6.1) though:

orafce96-3.4.0-1.rhel7.x86_64.rpm2017-May-16 10:22:2794.0Kapplication/x-redhat-package-manager
orafce96-3.6.0-1.rhel7.x86_64.rpm2017-Oct-19 08:36:4996.8Kapplication/x-redhat-package-manager
orafce96-debuginfo-3.4.0-1.rhel7.x86_64.rpm2017-May-16 10:22:27234.5Kapplication/x-redhat-package-manager
orafce96-debuginfo-3.6.0-1.rhel7.x86_64.rpm2017-Oct-19 08:36:49235.1Kapplication/x-redhat-package-manager

Regards,
Greg.

Pavel Stehule

Feb 9, 2018, 10:30:48 AM2/9/18
to orafce-...@googlegroups.com
yes, there are not too big changes, If I remember, the last changes are related to ms windows build.

Orafce has not fast development now. What was possible and is important and often used is done now.

Regards

Pavel

Greg Clough

Feb 10, 2018, 12:24:51 PM2/10/18
to orafce-...@googlegroups.com
I've spoke to Devrim Gunduz, and he's going to package the new version so that it's in the repo for everyone.  I'm guessing he didn't get a notification of the new release, so if you need to contact him directly then use:

dev...@gunduz.org

Cheers,
Greg.

Pavel Stehule

Feb 10, 2018, 12:38:00 PM2/10/18
to orafce-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I cooperate with Devrim. The last changes was related to just MS Windows, so I didn't send any request to him. I understand, so it can be messy if releases are different of different platforms, so can be nice, if these builds will be aligned.

Usually Orafce is released when I found some critical bug, when I append more new functionality or when new PostgreSQL is released.

I invite any experience and notices related to Orafce, thank you so you are using this extension.

Regards

Pavel