String Capabilities

Serious_Developer

Nov 10, 2013, 5:06:39 AM11/10/13
to oracle...@googlegroups.com
I need to store contents of a file to a database . Can I store each page in varchar2() data type column and every page detemined by a unique key (like account nmumber )

Page 1: account 001
..
..
Page 1: account 002
..
..

I do not know which language should be used with string capabilities : SQL or PL ?

I need to use a program the store pages in two columns : Account_no,Contents of page

Thks

Michael Moore

Nov 10, 2013, 11:02:02 AM11/10/13
to oracle-plsql

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Oracle PL/SQL" group.

Serious_Developer

Dec 6, 2013, 5:30:44 AM12/6/13
to oracle...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the late :
They are ASCII text but I will process some of the data . For example : I will read a unique key and use it as a primary key in certain line : line 3 : position : 6 length : 6. Similarly , I will use capture certain fields according to the line number and position and length .
Page delimiter can be Form feed or any string . Any ideas about the code .

Michael Moore

Dec 6, 2013, 11:04:45 AM12/6/13
to oracle-plsql
I would use a CLOB datatype to the table column and use PL/SQL for process logic.