Failure on Bulk insertion

weird0

Apr 21, 2014, 2:34:03 AM4/21/14
to oracle...@googlegroups.com
I was asked this question in an interview.

For example, if you insert 10 records at the same time, and 9 records or say half of them get inserted, but the remaining do not for some or the other reason. It may be because the connection has broken down? So, how would I handle the situation in the two cases?

(i) i am using PL/SQL or any Db Querying tool
(ii) I dont have db querying tool. I want to re-insert them using front-end interface.

Any suggestions from the more experienced developers?

ddf

Apr 21, 2014, 10:30:23 AM4/21/14
to oracle...@googlegroups.com
The answer depends as much on the interface as it does the release of Oracle in use; releases from 9i onwards support the MERGE statement, some in more robust forms than others.   This is supposed to be an example of your creative thinking, not someone elses.  How would YOU do it?

David Fitzjarrell