prevent zipped egg when build/install ortools from sources

Sergey Gerasimov

Jan 24, 2022, 7:52:01 AM1/24/22
to or-tools-discuss
Hi folks,

I build ortools python package from source and install it with "python setup.py install".
It is installed as zipped egg-file. And this causes (as  I understand) errors of loading extensions like _pywraplp.so.

I know some workarounds like "python setup.py build_wheel" and further install the wheel-file with pip, but may I ask if some of you may know how to prevent "python setup.py install" from using of zipped egg-file? I found it can be controlled by zip_safe=False param of setup(...) function but I do not want to modify original ortools code.

Thx!