_pywrapcp has unresolved symbols

Frederic Goualard

Dec 22, 2011, 6:25:39 PM12/22/11
to or-tools-discuss
Hello all,

I have installed or-tools on a computer with Ubuntu 11.04 (64 bits)
according to the instructions at https://code.google.com/p/or-tools/wiki/AGettingStarted:

* Checking out the trunk with svn (creates or-tools/ directory)
* Putting glpk 4.47 and ziboptsuite 2.1.0 in or-tools/dependencies/
archives
* cd or-tools/
* make third_party
* cd dependencies/sources/google-apputils
* sudo python2.7 setup.py install

Everything works fine. However, testing (make test) fails on python/
hidato_table.py with an
unresolved symbol:
_pywrapcp.so: undefined symbol:
_ZN19operations_research12MPConstraint14SetCoefficientEPKNS_10MPVariableEd

It appears that simply importing pywrapcp in a Python program leads to
the problem.

I use gcc/g++ 4.4.5, swig 1.3.40, python 2.7.1+.

Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated since I intend
to use or-tools through its Python interface.

Thanks in advance,

F.

Laurent Perron

Dec 22, 2011, 6:41:51 PM12/22/11