When a loop is formed the or-tools doesn't provide a solution

Layeba Faheem

Oct 23, 2021, 1:48:58 AM10/23/21
to or-tools-discuss
Hello,
I'm new to or-tools and I was trying my hands on pickup and delivery. I ran the code of simple pickup and delivery and it worked find, but when I tried to run it with a pickup-delivery pair which looks like:
[1,2],[2,1]
(Pickup  from point 1 and delivery at 2 for 1st order and pickup at 2 and delivery at 1 for order 2)
it is unable to find the solution.
This is a situation which may arise in the project for which I'm using or-tools.
Can you please help me with this or point to the solution if there is one!
Thank you
Layeba Faheem

Burhan

Oct 24, 2021, 9:09:07 AM10/24/21
to or-tools-discuss
Hi

Wondering if anyone faced similar issue or having suggestions.

Looking forward to hear

thank you
-Burhan

Laurent Perron

Oct 24, 2021, 10:24:09 AM10/24/21
to or-tools-discuss
You cannot use the same node for 2 operations (pickup, delivery, visit) as that are visited at most once for 1 operation.

You need to duplicate nodes.
Laurent Perron | Operations Research | lpe...@google.com | (33) 1 42 68 53 00