VRP returned sequence is wrong

Keerthi Prasad Mallikarjuna

Jan 10, 2022, 2:20:58 PM1/10/22
to or-tools-discuss
Hi,

     I am using VRP code for testing. I am using pickup-delivery configuration with start-end. start is set to vehicle location and end i am not using. following is the configurations.
- i am using 1 vehicle
- 2 pickup and 2 delivery
- I not using deport, so 1st column and row is set to 0.

public final int[][] pickupsDeliveries =
{
{1, 2},
{3, 4},
};
// [END pickups_deliveries]
public final int vehicleNumber = 1;
public final int[] starts = {5};
public final int[] ends = {0};

i have passed, 4 location + 1 vehicle, details and distance matrix is built like as shown below ( i have attached the file):

matrix.jpg

going via the matrix, i should get sequence as V -> P1 -> P2 -> D1 -> D2
But or-tool is returning sequence as V -> P1 -> P2 -> D2 -> D1, which is not correct.
i am using tool version of 9.0.9048.
can some one tell me what is the issue here?

Thanks,
Keerthi.

Laurent Perron

Jan 10, 2022, 2:51:41 PM1/10/22
to or-tools...@googlegroups.com
The solver is integral. All floating point values are silently rounded by python to integral.
Laurent Perron | Operations Research | lpe...@google.com | (33) 1 42 68 53 00

Keerthi Prasad Mallikarjuna

Jan 11, 2022, 12:38:45 AM1/11/22
to or-tools-discuss
thank you for the info. but i have 1 question. some time i got correct sequence like   V -> P1 -> P2 -> D1 -> D2. but some time i getting   V -> P1 -> P2 -> D2 -> D1. how the same solver is giving different route sequence for same input?

Thanks,
Keerthi.

Keerthi Prasad Mallikarjuna

Jan 11, 2022, 12:40:08 AM1/11/22
to or-tools-discuss
Forgot to add, i am using java version of the code. so here also same issue will be there?

Regards,
Keerthi.