SCIP, GLOP in MPSolver: other possibilities ?

Emmanuel Seve

Jan 15, 2022, 10:58:40 AM1/15/22
to or-tools-discuss
Hi ,

I'm starting to use OR-Tools and il have a programme running with MPSolver.
For now, it's working perfectly with SCIP but for a question of license i can't continue to use it. I need an apache v2 license. GLOP is an option but GLOP can not handle integer variables and i have a mix of double and integer variables.
I could use CP-SAT by dividing my double variables to "transform" them into integer variables but if possible i would like to continue with the MPSolver option.

Thanks,

Emmanuel

Emmanuel Seve

Jan 15, 2022, 11:07:04 AM1/15/22
to or-tools-discuss
correction: dividing my new double variables with a sufficiently high number of course

Laurent Perron

Jan 15, 2022, 11:13:46 AM1/15/22
to or-tools-discuss
You can use the CP-SAT backend with mp-solver.

It will try to scale continuous variables to discrete ones.

It works better with 8 or more threads.

Emmanuel Seve

Jan 15, 2022, 11:31:11 AM1/15/22
to or-tools-discuss
Thanks Laurent for your fast answer

What do you mean by "try": not sure about the answer ?

I'm novice with OR-tools , so can you explain about thissentence " It works better with 8 or more threads".

So no possilities with MPSolver ?

Emmanuel Seve

Jan 15, 2022, 11:35:39 AM1/15/22
to or-tools-discuss
No sure to understand this neither :  "CP-SAT backend with mp-solver"

Laurent Perron

Jan 15, 2022, 12:11:20 PM1/15/22
to or-tools...@googlegroups.com
1) replace "SCIP" by "SAT" when creating the MPSolver.
2) solver.SetNumThreads(8)  # Does not work with SCIP
Laurent Perron | Operations Research | lpe...@google.com | (33) 1 42 68 53 00

Emmanuel Seve

Jan 16, 2022, 4:45:57 AM1/16/22
to or-tools-discuss
Merci beaucoup Laurent,

It works perfectly. To be sure i changed the unity of my data so i can safely declare them as integer.

You confirm that a code using the MPSolver with the CP-SAT backend is well under apache v2

Laurent Perron

Jan 16, 2022, 4:49:04 AM1/16/22
to or-tools...@googlegroups.com
CP-SAT is part of or-tools, thus apache 2.

Laurent Perron | Operations Research | lpe...@google.com | (33) 1 42 68 53 00