Ortools difference in Constraint Enforcement

Divya Manikantan

5:08 AM (15 hours ago) 5:08 AM
to or-tools-discuss
I have a very wierd problem. I have capacity and distance constraint enforced for a particular problem. I observe that both the constraints are enforced on my machine, but the exact same code , config and ortools setup on vm and anther machine, the capacity constraint is violated.. How is this possible ? What should I check to make the solution work consistently. Can someone guide.

grego...@gmail.com

5:37 PM (3 hours ago) 5:37 PM
to or-tools-discuss
You can try to solve a problem with interleave search and one search worker. Both machines should produce same result since cp-sat is in this case deterministic.

Checking of proto files on both machines can show a problem with generation of a model.

Laurent Perron

5:42 PM (3 hours ago) 5:42 PM
to or-tools...@googlegroups.com
Not sure the problem was a CP-SAT problem. Capacity and distance scream routing library to me.
Laurent Perron | Operations Research | lpe...@google.com | (33) 1 42 68 53 00

blind.line

7:39 PM (1 hour ago) 7:39 PM
to or-tools...@googlegroups.com
My guess is you are using a different version of ORTools.

Turn on logging and/or print the version number from within your code to verify.

James