Job Shop Scheduling : Optimal solution

Alex Nea Kameni

Sep 12, 2021, 6:22:01 AM9/12/21
to or-tools-discuss
Please, how the SAT solver proves the optimality of the present value of the objective in "Job Shop Scheduling" problems ?

Laurent Perron

Sep 12, 2021, 7:35:39 AM9/12/21
to or-tools-discuss
Like anybody else, by proving that optimal_value - 1 is not feasible.
Laurent Perron | Operations Research | lpe...@google.com | (33) 1 42 68 53 00

Le dim. 12 sept. 2021 à 12:22, Alex Nea Kameni <kameni...@gmail.com> a écrit :
Please, how the SAT solver proves the optimality of the present value of the objective in "Job Shop Scheduling" problems ?

Laurent Perron

Sep 13, 2021, 1:39:02 AM9/13/21
to or-tools-discuss
Was there a deeper question?

Alex Nea Kameni

Sep 13, 2021, 2:09:03 AM9/13/21
to or-tools-discuss
Hi Laurent,
You have answered my question. I hadn't just thought of this approach
Thank you

Alex Nea Kameni

Sep 13, 2021, 2:11:45 AM9/13/21
to or-tools-discuss
I was thinking more of an estimation of the optimal value and if we manage to reach it, then we have reached the optimal.

Laurent Perron

Sep 13, 2021, 4:36:20 AM9/13/21
to or-tools-discuss
you mean the lower bound ?

If yes, CP-SAT has made a lot of progress in the last year by adding better linear relaxations, and linear scheduling cuts that help a lot.

Laurent Perron | Operations Research | lpe...@google.com | (33) 1 42 68 53 00