Shabbat Announcements Parashat Balak

Book Motzkin, Julia

Jul 19, 2024, 6:52:07 AM (8 days ago) Jul 19
to or-miny...@googlegroups.com, or-m...@googlegroups.com
THE ORTHODOX MINYAN AT HARVARD HILLEL
Shabbat Announcements
Parashat Balak
July 19th-20th, 2024  |  14 Tammuz, 5784

Shabbat shalom!
Shabbat Times
Plag: 6:43pm
Mincha: 7:30pm
Please sign up for mincha/ma'ariv - it will only happen with enough men signed up. http://tiny.cc/fridaymincha
Candle Lighting: 7:58pm

Shacharit: 9am
Latest Shema: 9:08am
Latest Tefillah: 10:22am
3:30-6:30pm Hillel building closed
Mincha: 7:50pm
Maariv/Havdalah: 9:00pm
The community's cholim list can be found here.

Announcements

Mazal tov to Yael and Jared on the birth of their daughter, Azaria Dorit! The meal train signup can be found here.

Kiddush this week is sponsored by the community in honor of Adina Bechhofer and her 2.5 years of extraordinary service as kiddush chair!
Seudah Shelishit this week is sponsored by the shabbat fund.
If you're interested in sponsoring in the future, please contact our interim Kiddush chairs, Daniel and Ariel or Catherine (seudah shlishit).

The 17th of Tammuz approaches! The fast begins at 3:43 am and ends at 8:53pm.

Sign up to help with kiddush! Having a robust kiddush committee is key to having the wonderful kiddush each week we've become accustomed to. Please fill out this form to volunteer to help with kiddush in the future!

Support the Eruv and its repair! Our community benefits tremendously from the North Charles Eruv, which relies on the generosity of members of the local Jewish community. Everyone who uses the eruv is encouraged to become a member by donating time or money. See www.nceruv.org for more information.

Please familiarize yourself with Harvard Hillel's exits in case of emergency. In addition to the main staircase, there are exits through the door behind the men's section and through the door to the left of the elevator.

The ZA'AKAH Peer-Support Hotline is available as a resource to our community for those who feel they need to talk to someone on Shabbat. It is not a substitute for professional crisis intervention. Call, text, or WhatsApp 1-888-4-ZAAKAH (1-888-492-2524).

Learning Opportunities
Discussion of Aharon Lictenstein’s Values in Halakha: Six Case Studies (current topic), Monday evenings at 8:30pm. For more information or to request the Zoom link, please contact Mike or Yona.

Write for the CanTab! We are looking for divrei Torah from members of our community for our weekly parsha newsletter. Sign up here, or contact Yona or Mike for more information.

We are looking for more shiurim! If you are interested in teaching (whether once or regularly), please reach out to Yona and Mike.

Weekday Minyan Times
(Services are held only if the status is listed as "ON" on the signup sheet)

Shacharit
Sunday: 8:30am
Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday: 7:25am
Monday/Thursday: 7:15am

Mincha/Maariv
Over the summer, Mincha/Maariv will meet on a case-by-case basis at Harvard Chabad.
If held, mincha will begin 20 minutes earlier than usual on Tuesday, 17th of Tammuz.
Check the signup sheet for more information.

Book Motzkin, Julia

Jul 26, 2024, 8:36:11 AM (24 hours ago) Jul 26
to or-miny...@googlegroups.com, or-m...@googlegroups.com
Mincha on Shabbat afternoon will be at 7:40pm
--
Julia Book Motzkin
PhD Candidate | Harvard University