Hierarchical Query Support in Optiq.

Sanjay Mhaske

Apr 29, 2014, 9:48:36 AM4/29/14
to opti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julian,

I am new to optiq. And would like to know if there is any support for hiearchical query in optiq ?
I tried a simple query  like :

 SELECT EMP_ID, EMP_NAME,MGR_ID FROM OPTIQ_EMPLOYEE CONNECT BY  EMP_ID = MGR_ID,

But there was an SQLException for CONNECT.

java.sql.SQLException: while executing SQL: SELECT EMP_ID, EMP_NAME,MGR_ID FROM OPTIQ_EMPLOYEE CONNECT BY  EMP_ID = MGR_ID
 at net.hydromatic.avatica.Helper.createException(Helper.java:40)
Caused by: org.eigenbase.sql.parser.SqlParseException: Encountered "CONNECT" at line 1, column 52.
Was expecting one of:
    <EOF>

Is there any other way to handle such hierarchical queries in optiq ?

Thanking you,
Sanjay

Julian Hyde

Apr 30, 2014, 2:43:37 PM4/30/14
to opti...@googlegroups.com
On Apr 29, 2014, at 6:48 AM, Sanjay Mhaske <sanju...@gmail.com> wrote:

I am new to optiq. And would like to know if there is any support for hiearchical query in optiq ?

Not currently.

CONNECT BY is an Oracle-specific extension to SQL. We have no plans to implement it. The SQL standard equivalent is WITH RECURSIVE. We support WITH but not yet WITH RECURSIVE; see https://github.com/julianhyde/optiq/issues/129.

Julian