I need help for compiling lms-core and Forge!

Mohamad Rezaei

May 3, 2014, 9:53:41 AM5/3/14
to opt...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am following the instructions in http://stanford-ppl.github.io/Delite/optiml/getting_started.html. Unfortunately I cannot do sbt test for lms-core and it gives me this errors:

[error] /Users/strader/workspace/frameworks/DSL/virtualization-lms-core/test-src/epfl/test7-analysis/TestAnalysis.scala:27: not enough arguments for method reflectMirrored: (implicit evidence$2: Manifest[Unit], implicit pos: scala.reflect.SourceContext)PrintExp.this.Exp[Unit].
[error] Unspecified value parameter pos.
[error]     case Reflect(Print(s), u, es) => reflectMirrored(Reflect(Print(f(s)), mapOver(f,u), f(es)))(mtype(manifest[A]))
[error]                                                                                                ^
[warn] /Users/strader/workspace/frameworks/DSL/virtualization-lms-core/test-src/epfl/test9-experimental/TestStruct.scala:49: non-variable type argument (String, StructExpOptLoops.this.Rep[Array[T]]) in type pattern Iterable[(String, StructExpOptLoops.this.Rep[Array[T]])] is unchecked since it is eliminated by erasure
[warn]     case Def(Struct(ArraySoaTag(tag,len),elems: Iterable[(String,Rep[Array[T]])])) =>
[warn]                                                 ^
[warn] 32 warnings found
[error] one error found
[error] (test:compile) Compilation failed
[error] Total time: 105 s, completed May 3, 2014 1:23:34 PM

It is the same story when I am doing it in MacOSX or Fedora 20. Also I cannot do this "bin/update ppl.dsl.forge.dsls.optiml.OptiMLDSLRunner OptiML" in ForgeShould I have done something specific before starting to compile the sources? I can use the binary OptiML with no problem, not I want to start to play with the code.

Arvind Sujeeth

May 4, 2014, 3:37:24 PM5/4/14
to opt...@googlegroups.com
hi Mohamad,

it looks like you may be on the wrong branch on one or more of the repos. Can you confirm that are you are on Forge branch master, Delite branch develop, and LMS branch delite-develop?

thanks,
Arvind

Mohamad Rezaei

May 5, 2014, 6:52:50 PM5/5/14
to opt...@googlegroups.com
Yep I am using the exact branches, and still getting the same result. I have no idea what is not working, or should I look at the code base (though I am not ready for that sort of commitment ;-) ).

Arvind Sujeeth

May 6, 2014, 1:33:34 AM5/6/14
to opt...@googlegroups.com
That's odd. Can you make sure that you have the latest sources ('git pull' on all branches). I am able to compile with the latest sources here. If you are up-to-date and it is still not working, it is most likely either an environment or an SBT issue. Can you check to make sure the value of the environment variables LMS_HOME, DELITE_HOME, and FORGE_HOME all point to the right locations (the root of the respective repositories)? Another issue can sometimes be stale SBT caches, which you can fix by manually deleting (usually running 'sbt clean' and deleting ~/.ivy2 and ~/.sbt does the trick).

If none of the above work, you might have more luck using our new hyperdsl repository: https://github.com/stanford-ppl/hyperdsl. This is just a single repository that includes the other 3 repos (LMS, Delite, Forge) as git submodules. Instructions for compiling from a hyperdsl checkout are in the README. There is also a script in the repo, init-env.sh, that you should run after cloning to set the proper environment variables.

Hope that helps - let us know if it still doesn't work for you!

best,
Arvind

Mohamad Rezaei

May 6, 2014, 4:02:51 AM5/6/14
to opt...@googlegroups.com
OK,

I think I know what is happening! Now I am getting [error] bad option: '-Yvirtualize'. Should I have done something before the compile. I checked the build.sbt, and scalaOrganization := "org.scala-lang.virtualized" is in there.

Arvind Sujeeth

May 6, 2014, 9:37:04 AM5/6/14
to opt...@googlegroups.com
Are you using sbt 0.13.2 or later? There was a bug in 0.13.1 that had this symptom.

thanks,
Arvind

Mohamad Rezaei

May 7, 2014, 8:10:08 AM5/7/14
to opt...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I just upgraded it and now it works. Thank you very much for all the info.