Accumulate Diff between Task Assignments

Everett Zettersten

Oct 28, 2022, 8:33:31 AM10/28/22
to OptaPlanner development
I've got an interesting problem, that is difficult for me to type out.

Given a planning entity and a timeslot genuine planning variable.

A planning entity with an assigned timeslot will collect data, and thus fill up disk capacity.

Between each timeslot, there are points in which we can off load any collected data.

I am trying to write a constraint stream that gets the disk space used for an entity  with an assigned timeslot, then see how much is off loaded (disk capacity freed), then make sure the next entity with an assigned timeslot has enough capacity.

I could not figure out how to accumplish this with the public collectors that are provided. So I've gone down the rabbit hole of "copying" over the experimental Consecutive* collectors. My gut tells me this is necessary, to some extent. Where I'm stuck at now is where to do my "diff" logic.